Salk and Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) announced a new project to advance plant-based carbon capture and sequestration research, education and implementation to help address the climate crisis. With its $2 million donation, Sempra will be the lead sponsor of the “Sequestering Carbon Through Climate Adapted Sorghum” project, part of the Institute’s Harnessing Plants Initiative.
- Leading Salk science into the futureInside Salk sat down with Rusty Gage to learn more about his background, approach to managing a world-renowned Institute, and vision for Salk science over the next decade.
- Julie Law – Revealing RNAAssociate Professor Julie Law shares common themes underlying her research and discusses what motivates her both in and out of the lab.
- Gerald Pao – Pushing the limits in science and lifeFrom studying the novel coronavirus to downloading brains to computers, Staff Scientist Gerald Pao is at the forefront of scientific advancement.
- Austin ColeyAustin Coley, though only at Salk since 2019, has already taken an active role in everything from conducting innovative research on the brain to spearheading a wide variety of outreach activities.
- Salk’s Harnessing Plants Initiative (HPI) Garners Widespread SupportNew grants are supporting the Institute’s efforts to optimize plants’ natural ability to store carbon and mitigate climate change. This support bolsters the ongoing HPI project focused on model plants that was funded through donations to The Audacious Project in 2019.
Support a legacy where cures begin.
Scientific discovery at the Salk Institute is made possible through your annual contributions. Your support will accelerate the pace of breakthroughs in understanding disease and pave the way to new drug therapies.Get involved