The Salk Institute and BridgeBio Pharma, Inc., announced a three-year collaboration to advance cutting-edge academic discoveries in genetically driven diseases toward therapeutic applications. Under the partnership, BridgeBio will help fund research programs from Salk’s world-renowned innovative cancer research, with the eventual goal of developing new therapeutics for patients in need.
- Leading Salk science into the futureInside Salk sat down with Rusty Gage to learn more about his background, approach to managing a world-renowned Institute, and vision for Salk science over the next decade.
- Julie Law – Revealing RNAAssociate Professor Julie Law shares common themes underlying her research and discusses what motivates her both in and out of the lab.
- Gerald Pao – Pushing the limits in science and lifeFrom studying the novel coronavirus to downloading brains to computers, Staff Scientist Gerald Pao is at the forefront of scientific advancement.
- Austin ColeyAustin Coley, though only at Salk since 2019, has already taken an active role in everything from conducting innovative research on the brain to spearheading a wide variety of outreach activities.
- Salk’s Harnessing Plants Initiative (HPI) Garners Widespread SupportNew grants are supporting the Institute’s efforts to optimize plants’ natural ability to store carbon and mitigate climate change. This support bolsters the ongoing HPI project focused on model plants that was funded through donations to The Audacious Project in 2019.
Are you up for the challenge?
Donate to Salk's Campaign for the Future: Building a More Resilient World by September 30 and Joan and Irwin Jacobs will contribute $1 for every $2 donated, up to $100M.Join us